So I’ve seen a lot of people posting “The Year in Review” for 2011, and I was thinking about doing the same. But I have decided ultimately to wash my hands of the year altogether. It is 2012. It is a new year, and it has already started off with a bang, so I may as well keep encouraging positive change for the next 11 months and 11 days.
Well, to recap what has happened thus far:
- Spent the ball drop with my lovely wife, and my friend Bill, and a nine-week-old puppy which we lovingly named Killer. And Ted.
- Began the infamous Insanity workout regimen. It is, in fact, insane.
- Bought a bangin’ new car (see Facebook for pics).
- Howard Jones left Killswitch Engage (I am still a sad panda).
And now for the year in advance, this is everything I have to look forward to that I can think of at the moment, so bear with me and remind me if I have forgotten anything.
- Florida vacation on February 7th
- Going to Great Wolf Lodge in PA for my little bro’s birthday
- My old work buddy Joe’s birthday shindig in AC
- Going to see Oh, Sleeper/Every Time I Die in late March
- Possibly attending Bamboozle
- My lovely wife has her commencement ceremony from college
- May 19 will be 6 years we’ve been together (by the way)
- Hopefully another small vacation over the summer
- I will be turning 24 (jesus…) in September
- Massive end of the world party on December 20th
- Laugh about how the world didn’t end on December 21st
- Hopefully a more festive Christmas season
MOVIES (I would like to/can’t wait to see)
- The Woman in Black (Feb 3)
- Safe House (Feb 10)
- American Reunion (Apr 6)
- The Avengers (May 4)
- The Dictator (May 11)
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (June 22)
- The Dark Knight Rises (July 20)
- The Hobbit (Dec 14)
- World War Z (Dec 21)
- This is 40 (Dec 21)
MUSIC (bands that should be putting out new material)
- Killswitch Engage (summer?)
- Soundgarden (spring, hopefully)
- Every Time I Die (Mar 6)
- Kamelot (September, sans Roy Khan)
- Tool (possibly sometime before I turn 40)
- Rush (spring)
- Metallica (doubtful they’ll release in 2012, but I’ll wait if it’s better than Lulu)